Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please: Experian Student Loan dispute

tag
keepwhattime
Valued Member

Help Please: Experian Student Loan dispute

I have disputed my student loan three times already with Experian. They list it as pay as agreed, and do not date of first deliquecy. With each dispute they contnue to add 10 years from their resoluton date as the time this item will be removed. Is this right? Is this legal? Experian rep told me this is what Sallie Mae is reporting to them. The account is old, went into collections that Loan Solutions has. Loan Solutions website has: 

I am down to my last 10k that I owe them, but I would like this off my report. Can they continue to report the date of removal 10 years after each dispute? 

My wages are garnished, which they got a judgement back in 2009. 

Which should be the correct year date of first deliquency, or judgement year?

Is there anything else I can try?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Help Please: Experian Student Loan dispute

Baddies are supposed to fall off ~7 years from original date of delinquency. However if you make any payment towards a delinquency, the clock could reset. I don't believe disputing info would reset the clock though. I'm slightly confused what's being disputed based on your post.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 3
keepwhattime
Valued Member

Re: Help Please: Experian Student Loan dispute

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.