cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help credit guru's!!! I was told my student loans would be rehabed but didnt hold their end.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help credit guru's!!! I was told my student loans would be rehabed but didnt hold their end.

New member here and first post but i have been glued to the site for the last 2 hours, and I am sure thats just the begining. Im going to be hooked.

So going on two years ago i had a student loan in collections so i desided to pay everything off.  I called the lender to see what i could do and my options. The lender was KHEAA's at that point i had the money to pay everything in full with my tax refund but i was informed not to do that because it would remain on my CF. Instead was told if i made 9 solid months of payments they would rehab my loan to look as if it was never late. I thought to myself this dosnt make sence because i wanted to pay the whole thing off at once but whatever it sounded like a better deal.So i make a large payment and set it up to where i only make $50 payments for the next 8 payments and set on auto draft to ensure i didnt forget. Well 9 later i make the last payment and at this time I am anxious to see a change in my score. BUT they tell me OH we cant do that you were supposed to continue to make payments after the 9 months and those payments would report in good standings. So i was not a happy person at this time and spoke to manager after manager and still no one wants to hold up their part of the deal. I agree that its my fault in the first place but why bother telling me all this when i was content with just paying to 0 9 months prior and forgeting about it. So my credit report today 2 years later is still showing Paid Collections and the worse part is since it was for 3 semesters of school i have 3 CA showing for what i would figure to be 1 account total. But the real question i have is HOW do i get this removed? I am looking to purchase a home ASAP. I have a total of 5 CA on file 3 from KHEAA's 1 Paid Medical and 1 account i owe $1000 on but plan to send them a PFD and i plan to have the Medical removed because its against the HIPPA laws to still report. Thanks in advance for everyone knowlege

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help credit guru's!!! I was told my student loans would be rehabed but didnt hold their end.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.