Did you mean: 

Help for my wife on loans

tag
kjel
Established Contributor

Re: Help for my wife on loans

@alexhortdog wrote:

Here's what is bothering me:

If you look here, the math adds up until 2006.  How did the outstanding principal JUMP almost twice the amount?!?

She had the recondition (or whatever it's called) through American Student Assistance (ASA).  I know that they have a 18.5% 'collection cost' that they tack onto that.  But even with that - she didn't owe THAT much interest on this loan.

It appears that there are TWO separate loan consolidations. Loan #4 consolidated loans #5-11 and Loan #1 consolidated #2, #3, and #4 which appears to be the first consolidation loan. If she never made consistent payments or made small payments she was most likely just paying interest only so the principal didn't go down. Looks like she had loans from undergrad 1996-1999 and then perhaps grad school in 2005-2006.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.