Adv

Help with AES/CHASE

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone this is my first post among the many I will make, and I'm in need of advice. I have an AES/CHASE loan that I have not been able To pay, not even one payment. Last activity on this loan was 9/2009 and I don't know what to do with it. I brought all my CC balances to zero and have less then 7% usage on them (cell phone, cable, etc that I pay off each month). I was able to get a car loan for 19k at 10% (I needed a car to get to work) that I never been late on. I just don't know what to do with the student loan. It's currently listed as a collection account with a contact member for status. I want to get my credit to 700+ in 3 years to buy house. What would be a good course of a action on this debt? Please help. Also sorry for grammar or phrasing using my phone to type this up.

***edit*** I believe it's a private student loan, but I can't remember is there a way to find out? 

Community Leader<br> Established Contributor</br>
Community Leader
Established Contributor
SCF

Re: Help with AES/CHASE

Go to the National Student Loan Data System (nslds.ed.gov) and log in.  If the loan is listed there, it is a federal loan.  If it isn't, you have a private loan.

If it is a private loan, you'll need to handle it like you would any other collection account.  If you have the money, you'll want to work with the collection agency to pay a part or all of the balance in exchange for their removing the account from your reports.

If it is a federal loan, you have the option of rehabilitating the loan by working with the collection agency to make 9 on-time payments over 9 months.  Once you do that, your loan will be sold back to a servicer, the collection account removed, and the default status taken off the old loan.  You'll also get a new, clean tradeline for the loan.

Adv

Re: Help with AES/CHASE

Thank you on the information you have provided. I did check the website you have provided and it is not listed there, so it is a private student loan. Does SOL and the 7.5 negative effect on credit apply to private student loans? Or is it like a federal and stays on forever? There is no way I can afford the 52k they are asking for settlement

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+