Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with school credit issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with school credit issues

I went to school in 06 and got dropped in 07 and the school stated that I owed 10k.  7 Years later I has left my credit score. Last Summer we were trying to see what amount of a loan for a house that we could get. My credit scored showed a blump that i didnt know about. This compnay that the school pimped the loan out to is still on there until 2016. But i was trying to do the right thing and pay it off. My Wife and I saved and saved and now we have the money to fix this issue. So i call the law firm that has the loan and leave message after message. FInally 1 day 3 weeks ago they call me back ask for some information and state that they will call me back in a 3  days to reslove the issue. 3 days later no call. 4th day i call them and magically get a differnt person. they state that its so old that they will have to Request it from the school again. I decide to call the school. After get hung up on, drop calls and missed calls i finally talk to a great rep about the issue and she states that the school is not activally or will ever pursue the money unless i try and go back to their college. SO here i am asking for help on how to get the law firm to drop the claim and get it off my credit so i can buy a home.. thanks for your time

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with school credit issues

Was this a debt that was never paid to your school, or is this a balance on a student loan that you took out?  Who is currently reporting the account?  Can the school confirm to you what agency currently has the right to collect the debt and provide you with a contact person?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.