cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How badly would Navient late payments hurt my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How badly would Navient late payments hurt my credit?

Recently my Transunion credit score was 708. However I had recently bit hit with delinquent payments on 2 of my accounts for student loans from Navient. One was for 25$ and the other for 48$. The total past due amount was 295$ which I called in and paid for today.

Come August/September I'm going to want to lease a vehicle (no I don't want to finance right now, maybe after the 36 month lease but for right now leasing is a better option for me)

My Credit Karma scores for Trans and Equifax both dropped over 100 but according to Discover my FICO is still at 760. I also paid off a 183$ bill that was on my credit score and will be removed from my account entirely.

How would these delinquent payments of 25$ and 48$ hurt my chances of leasing (Honda 2018) come August/September? I pay everything on credit card and pay off my balances before the due date. Can good credit history, consistent income and no other delinquent payments or debts (aside student loans) and such offset these current delinquent payments?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How badly would Navient late payments hurt my credit?

Have you contacted Navient and asked for a one time waiver of late reporting? With good payment history they may forgive one late.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.