cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before it affects my credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before it affects my credit score?

I paid off a $1700 dollar 0% CC balance this week, as well as putting $1K on my student loan (plowed my tax return into them both), bringing it down to $4K. I have a mortgage of 105K, and a car loan of $27K.  My FICO score is 719 right now, but it is still showing the CC on my report, and the student loan balance @ 5K.  My question is how long will it take to show up on my FICO that I paid off the CC and put 1K down on the Student loan, as I would like to get my rate over 720, so I can talk to my CU about Refi of my car and get the rate down below teh current 8.75% I am paying now....?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long before it affects my credit score?

You have to wait for them to report.  The quickest way to find out would be to call the CC and SL companies and ask when they report.  You might also be able to tell from your CR's when they report.  The general rule is that it can take 30-60 days to show up on your reports.

FYI--any refi will depend on the value of your car.  It will be difficult to refi if your loan is for an amount higher than the value of your car . . .

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.