trnj88

How many points can I expect my score to increase? Citibank late removal...

[ Edited ]

I had four missed payments (30-day) reported for some of my student loans last month; three from Citibank and one from Sallie Mae. I've since brought these accounts current, and Citibank has agreed to remove their three negative entries.

My score is now ~575 (was in the high 600s before the lates), and when I checked my score on FCR there is an alert saying, "Your score has dropped by 100 point(s)" right when the four lates were reported. So, I'm not sure if my score dropped EXACTLY 100 points or AROUND 100 points.. anyway, how much could I expect my score to increase after Citibank removes their three lates on my report? Is there a way I can find this out?

Thanks.

Established Contributor
Tazman81

Re: How many points can I expect my score to increase? Citibank late removal...

I recommend buying your score if you are interested to see what the change was, but it likely did drop quite a bit with the late payments.  Was there a reason that you were late paying?  You should contact the student loan company to see if you qualify for any Income Based Repayment plans if you are having trouble making your payment due to financial hardship.  Keep making payments on time and as the lates age, then your score should start to increase as long as there are no other baddies.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Starting Score: Eq: 662 Tu: 532 (03/02/2011) CH7BK 01/12/2009 Discharge
Current Score: Eq: 692 (04/03/2013) Tu: 717 (04/03/2013)
Goal Score: Eq: 720 Tu: 740

Wallet: Chartway Visa 10k | AMEX Costco TE (AU) 25k | Cap One MC 750 | Cap One Visa 750

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+