cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many points can I expect my score to increase? Citibank late removal...

tag
trnj88
New Contributor

How many points can I expect my score to increase? Citibank late removal...

I had four missed payments (30-day) reported for some of my student loans last month; three from Citibank and one from Sallie Mae. I've since brought these accounts current, and Citibank has agreed to remove their three negative entries.

My score is now ~575 (was in the high 600s before the lates), and when I checked my score on FCR there is an alert saying, "Your score has dropped by 100 point(s)" right when the four lates were reported. So, I'm not sure if my score dropped EXACTLY 100 points or AROUND 100 points.. anyway, how much could I expect my score to increase after Citibank removes their three lates on my report? Is there a way I can find this out?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: How many points can I expect my score to increase? Citibank late removal...

I recommend buying your score if you are interested to see what the change was, but it likely did drop quite a bit with the late payments.  Was there a reason that you were late paying?  You should contact the student loan company to see if you qualify for any Income Based Repayment plans if you are having trouble making your payment due to financial hardship.  Keep making payments on time and as the lates age, then your score should start to increase as long as there are no other baddies.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.