cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after rehab is FHA eligibility re-established?

tag
Trondul
Valued Member

How soon after rehab is FHA eligibility re-established?

I have around 100k of loans in default.  I just made payment number 6 out of the 9 for a rehabilitation.   The initial lates that led to the default have already aged off my credit report so all that is left is the default notice from the Dept of Ed.  This will go away soon after the rehab is complete, right?  The loans are all Federal Direct loans so there shouldn't be any issue with repurchase of the loans. 

My credit has no baddies other than the loans and my middle score is actually 661.  My understanding is that an FHA loan is out until the rehab is complete.  My 9th payment for the rehab is on July 1.  Is looking to close on August 1 or maybe the week before unrealistic?  Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How soon after rehab is FHA eligibility re-established?

From my experience The Default Resolution Group will remove you from CAIVRS two weeks after you have successfuly rehabilitated. I would check with them to make sure though.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.