Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Blitz Student Loan debt?

tag
CluelessCredit
Valued Member

How to Blitz Student Loan debt?

I'm preparing to start a Dave Ramsey inspired blitz on my student loan debt.  The current loan is ~46,000 with a monthly payment of ~320 with only 50 of that going towards principle loan amount.  My question is one of strategy.  Is there some repayment option I can use to reduce the monthly payment with the understanding that I'd be making double (possibly more) payments.  When I speak of repayment options I refer to those seen here.  Is there some plan of attack to be found via repayment options or is paying X amount over the monthly 320 my only option?

Fico Score: 805
BoA Accelerated Cash Rewards AMEX - $15,000
Chase Freedom Visa - $7,810
Discover IT - $24,000
AMEX Blue Cash Everyday - $29,900
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: How to Blitz Student Loan debt?

Just a couple of questions.  What is your ultimate goal?  Is the goal to have your SL paid off as quickly as you can, or is it to make your monthly payments affordable?  Also, were these federal student loans that have been cosolidated or did you just give the "total" of your student loans even though they have not been consolidated.  Just trying to get some more info to help you with a plan of attack.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.