New Visitor
california

How to fix DL loan listed as 90+days?

I have student loans (direct loans) from undergraduate that are currently listed as 90 days past due on my credit report. I'm not sure why - I had a grace period of 6 months after graduating, and then my loans were deferred while the dept of education was working on some paperwork/forms to send over to me.

I checked my direct loan account, and I also have a letter dated from this month from the dept, that indicates:

Past due amount: $0

Late fees: $0

Next payment due date: __/__/2014.

But my credit score/report indicates they are 90 days past due. What does this mean? And how do I go about fixing this? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Frequent Contributor
koky

Re: How to fix DL loan listed as 90+days?

First step is to give them a call and ask for an explanation... After that tell them your loans were deferred and you have a letter that states so. If Possible fax a copy to them... Am sure after that they will take it off your report..

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+