cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can help with your Student Loan(s)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can help with your Student Loan(s)

Hello,

I am in a predicament, and was hopeful to get some advice. 

I currently have roughly $145,000 in student loans - both private and federal.  Privately, I have around 35,000.  These private loan company, will not reconsolidate, nor will they extend payments or lower them.  I have requested any additional means of help, but am unable to have them work with me. The loan is through AES - the lender is PNC.

My federal loans are widely spread out, ranging from parent plus loans (which are in my father's name) and those which are in my own name.  As I understand it I am unable to consolidate my loans with the parent plus loans, both of which I am responsible for. 

I was told that because the loans that are in my father's name are parent plus loans they do not qualify for an IBR.  I think that the loans in my name, however, do quailfy. 

Between all of the loans, my total accumulates to well over $1,500 per month.  I make a decent living, and got a job fairly quickly out of college making $51,000 a year.  I do have the means to make some payments, and fully intend to.  I simply cannot make such a large payment that, after taxes, comes to 83% of my paycheck when all of the loans are added together.

I am not sure what to do at this point.

My private student loan company has turned their portion to a thrid party collection agency as it is 30 days overdue. 

Message 11 of 28
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Is there anyway to Good WIll if there was a FEMA disaster when I went into default 

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 28
randaljon
Regular Contributor

Does anyone have an email or mailing address I can send my letter to, that will get around the Office of the Customer Advocate with Sallie Mae? I get nowhere with them. I have a disagreement with them as to when I was in forbearance and when I was not.

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Message 13 of 28
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

If Sallie Mae is correct, when does jthechamp's loans stop reporting pre default. Because his dates are about 6 years before mine and my loans have started coming off and my consolidation was 2010

Message 14 of 28
Redissochi
New Contributor

Recently looking at my credit report I saw that 3 Citiassist loans I have, have been charged off in 2009 when they should have been deferred with the rest of my Citiassist loans because I was in school then and still in school. I have gotten a letter from my school stating I have been a student since before the loans went into charged off status and I wanted to know is it worth is to mail this letter to Citi even though it is listed as charged off? What recourse do I have? Like I said they never contacted me, no collection notices or nothing. The only reason I noticed it because I clicked into all my individual loans and saw that the three were charged off as bad debt.

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Message 15 of 28
jthechamp
Established Member

@Student_Loans_Kill wrote:

If Sallie Mae is correct, when does jthechamp's loans stop reporting pre default. Because his dates are about 6 years before mine and my loans have started coming off and my consolidation was 2010

You're pre-consolidated defaults totally came off your CR after you went through the same process?! Please tell me more.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan rehabilitation really has helped a lot of people.  Thank you for being part of that effort.  Somewhere to send people to show them how valuable your services really are is this site.  It shows people all the benefits to programs like the ones you are offering. Mod Cut!

Spamming and self-promoting are not allowed in the forums.

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 17 of 28
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

@jthechamp wrote:

@Student_Loans_Kill wrote:

You're pre-consolidated defaults totally came off your CR after you went through the same process?! Please tell me more.

6.9 years from Date of Default or DoFD

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I defaulted years ago consolidated and still the defaults haunt me there are 17 negatives from them and I have tried everything any ideas?
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Can u please send me your info I would love your help to get a 90 day late removed off my credit!
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.