cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find out what my student loans were! Can anyone help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't find out what my student loans were! Can anyone help?

I have loans in default from 2008, when I try to log on to the nslds web site it has no record of me! I know I'm in collections but I don't remember what type of loans they were. I'm sure it was federal loans, though. I'm in the process of trying to rebuild and wonder the steps needed to get the loans removed or out of default. Any advice or direction would greatly be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't find out what my student loans were! Can anyone help?

Try https://myeddebt.ed.gov/borrower/. My defaulted loans were returned to the US dept of Ed. Contact the servicer once you know who it is. Try rehabbing if possible over consolidation.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks. I just had a go-around for about an hour on the phone because my FSA ID was changed (Without my knowledge) two years ago. I found out I have two Stafford loans. Do you know if they fall off CR after 7 years? I went into default in 2010.
Message 3 of 5
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

https://www.nslds.ed.gov/npas/index.htm

you have to create a username and password

(looks like you figured it out, but i'll leave this link in case anybody does a thread search in the future)

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 4 of 5
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

Defaulted loans will never fall off your credit reports unless you pay them in full.  Only after that is when the clock starts for them to fall of your credit reports. 

You can get the default status removed from your credit reports if you do rehabilitation. 

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.