cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm 28 and feel smothered. Can I move out of my parents with these expenses??

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm 28 and feel smothered. Can I move out of my parents with these expenses??

It sounds as though you're well on your way!  I think it's awesome that your parents are allowing you to live at home!  Stay positive and continue your payments and you will reap the rewards now and in the future!

Thumbs UP!

Message 11 of 13
jd352
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm 28 and feel smothered. Can I move out of my parents with these expenses??

@behindblueeyes wrote:

I have been reading the responses, and I thank you for everyone's honest input. You all were right, my thinking was not educated to say the least. My pay looks like it will be going up a bit, but I have decided to take this summer to stay with my parents, working overtime, and pay aggressively on my loans (esp. private ones). My private loans are able to work with me to lower my payments, but I've decided to try to pay as much as I can over these next few months. I just paid about $450 this past month. I know I can do it. I paid off almost $8000 on my car in 8 months. So every paycheck I will try throwing close to half of it on my loans.

And when I'm ready to move out, I will try to find a roommate too. If I can't, I'll find a cheap studio. Thank you all for giving me a reality check.

Glad to hear!!!  You can do this!!!

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 12 of 13
kingkai1990
Contributor

I'm 24 and God do I want to move out. But, COL....even in low cost areas is insane. Remember, the future is always there. You will thank yourself when you save money vs leaving to be ''grown''. Once a large chunk of your loans are gone and you have a higher paying job you will be so happy you don't have ''baggage''. 

Right now you are ''gardening'' in life. You're paying your dues. Eventually the flowers will bloom.  Don't start picking your apples too early. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.