Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think ACS removed my lates!

tag
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

I think ACS removed my lates!

My husband forgot to schedule a few payments in March of this year and didn't realize it until we started the home buying process about 6 weeks ago and credit was pulled.  He had continued making payments throughout the rest of the year, thinking each month the payment was being applied to the current month, but really he was 2 months behind since he missed 2 payments in the Spring.

When our loan officer went to pull credit again last week to get things going, we were slammed with another 60 day late since the September payment was really applied to July.  We both called SO many times, talked to several supervisors and managers and all said there was nothing they could do.  It obviously was our fault for not catching it, but I was hoping they could look at his payment history and see that he had continued making payments and to please give us a break.  No no no!  was all I heard.  I also emailed a VP and mailed a hard copy of the gw letter to the billing department.

Yesterday my loan officer had my husband do a conference call with ACS and the credit company working on his rescore (we had submitted proof that the account is now current and $0 due) to verify the info, and they credit representative asked about late payments and ACS said HE HAD NEVER EVER BEEN LATE!!!!  My loan officer emailed me a few hours later telling me the lates are all lifted from the report!  OMG!!!!!!

I have no idea how this happened.  I am thinking someone I spoke with took pity on me and could not say on the phone that they would do it (since all calls are recorded) but then maybe decided to help me out!  I don't know what else to think!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
eastexascout
Regular Contributor

Re: I think ACS removed my lates!

I just sent my GW for an account that was picked up by ACS.  Hopefully i get the same outcome!

"just trying to get my credit up..."
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.