Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBR plans are triple my payment l! Smh

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

IBR plans are triple my payment l! Smh

So doing he income driven payments would not work. I had a rep calculate that for me. She ask for our AGI and of course it was too high so I won't qualify. Seems like I'm basically stuck. Any other options? I already went into default and rehabbed and I was told that I can't do that again. Ok already 120 past due and am currently paying on my private loan.

Suggestions?

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

IBR plans -explain pls..PAYE, REPAY...?

I was looking over the IBR form because I am going to fill it out but I noticed that there are different plans?

Can anyone provide some info on all this? Of course I want the lowest plan and to have loan forgiveness eventually since I am a teacher. I had no idea that there were different types of repayment plans however.

Also, will I need to send over documentation of my expenses or will they just look at my spouse and I's income?

Will me changing this plan affect him and our taxes and next year's tax return? I was just curious.

ANY information would be helpful here?

We want to apply for a mortgage next year so I'm hoping doing this will help and not hurt me/us.

I also thought about consolidation since all the baddies on the account are deleted. Not sure if that would work for me though. I am 120 days past due with this loan and I have got to get this control now.

Thanks guys.

I'm on my phone so sorry if there are any typos

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: IBR plans are triple my payment l! Smh

If you have more than one federal loan, you can see if you can consolidate your loans into an extended payment loan.  That will stretch it out over 20-25 years making the payment lower, but you will end up paying more interest in the long run.  Also, I don't know the impact of that to the loan forgiveness you mentioned in another post, so you'd have to research that.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.