Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect SSN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect SSN

Hi,

I took a student loan from Citibank 2 years back, and since I was an international student, they added a random ssn # to my account. I also had a cosigner acting as a guarantor. I have repaid my entire loan about 25k  and now I realized that the SSN linked to my account was incorrect. Is there any chance that after repaying the complete loan, if I change my SSN# on the account now, the payment history will be reflected to the new SSN.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Incorrect SSN

I don't think that just making a change on the account would do it, because if the loan is paid off, the lender is no longer making updates to the CRAs.

My reccomendation would be to call Citibank directly and ask them if they would be willing to make the change.

Have you tried pulling a report on yourself with the fake SSN?  If it exists, maybe you could dispute it as an incorrect SSN?  This is an unusual situation, so I'm not quite sure what would be the next step if Citibank isn't willing to make the change.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.