cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment Loands Not Showing a Credit Amount?

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Installment Loands Not Showing a Credit Amount?

My transunion 3 bureau credit reort says because none of my installment loans show a credit amount via Experian and Equifax's report, my score is being impacted. 

Does anyone know what this means? Each report shows my student loans, that is why I am confused. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Installment Loands Not Showing a Credit Amount?

Did you pull this report directly from TransUnion?  When you get your reports and scores from sources other than MyFICO, they use what we call a "FAKO" scoring model that handles some of the factors that go into your credit score differently than a true FICO.  I wonder if that's what's going on here?

By credit amount do you mean the original amount of the loan, or a payment amount?  Not all loans report all of these details, but I've never heard of that impacting your FICO score.

Message 2 of 3
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Installment Loands Not Showing a Credit Amount?

You are totally right, I did pull that directly from Transunion. They are assesing based on their model againist the other two bureaus, i think.
Thanks for the reply!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.