cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is GW Success Lessened With Old Lenders?

tag
TenaciousRebuilder
New Contributor

Is GW Success Lessened With Old Lenders?

I've been cleaning up my credit over the past year or so and one of the last remaining baddies is some 6 year old late payments to Great Lakes when my student loans came out of deferment. There were some initial late payments, Great Lakes finally got a hold of me and I deferred for another year, and then a couple late payments when the deferment ended. I got my act together and then after a 3-4 years of steady payments, the loan was sold/transfered.

I don't have much of an excuse. It was my responsibility to know when the loan came out of deferment. Also, I did move several times during the deferment period so it's more than possible that they had a bad address/phone number. Still it was my responsibility to update my address/contact info with them.

My question is given that Great Lakes sold off the loan (in good standing) over 2 years ago, and my situation, do I have much chance of success with a GW letter?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.