Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sallie Mae reporting incorrectly??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Sallie Mae reporting incorrectly??

I have a student loan with Sallie Mae, the just took over the loan in December 2010, Greak Lakes had it before.  When the loan was with Great Lakes I was in deferment until October 2010, the deferment was up and my paymemnt started in November 2010 and I did not make the payments.  Then in Dec. 2010 the loan was transfered to Sallie Mae.  Now Sallie Mae is reporting the lates I had with Great Lakes, can they do that??  I wouldnt think so b/c they didnt have the loans.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: Is Sallie Mae reporting incorrectly??

I would think that they should not be able to report this if Great Lakes is still reporting a late on your credit report.  Since Sallie Mae didn't have the loan at that time, then they should not be reporting a late.  Have you contact Sallie Mae to ask them about the reporting.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.