cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Possible to Find Bad Credit Student Loan? Ok to apply for several within a couple of weeks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it Possible to Find Bad Credit Student Loan? Ok to apply for several within a couple of weeks?

I am hoping to start my senior year in college either this summer or fall. A few years ago, I missed several payments and quit school because of health reasons.  The financial aid office informed me that I no longer qualify for a loan from fasfa because of all of the hours I have accumulated. She also suggested that I try Sallie May or a bank for a private loan. I applied  at Sallie Mae about a week ago and was rejected. I called a bank and they said that they don't offer one specifically for people with low credit and that it would be best for me to have a cosigner. That is not possible because my dad refuses to cosign for anyone, reguardless of credit.

I have researched bad credit loans online and in other resources, but the information offered is scant. Should I apply for several other student loans to see if I can find one that I qualify for?  I read somewhere that if credit checks are done all at once that it reduces the negative impact on a credit score.

I also need to apply for a car loan. That will probably be done this month, or at the latest in June. Though I want to go to school next semester, I don't want to lower my credit to where it is much harder to apply for a loan, seeing as that it is already pretty bad. Does anyone have advice about how to find a student loan for someone in my situation? Thank you for the answers.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.