Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any hope?

tag
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

Is there any hope?

I rehabbed my 2 defaulted SLs last year.  They removed the default status, the secondary collection account, and finally the notation: SL permanently assigned to the govt.  The new servicer added 2 beautiful new TLs dating back to the original loan date.    

My credit score jumped with every change.

The two original TLs are still on my report dating back to the loan origin date with a combined 22 lates, 90 and 120 days. I would love to see them go away before 2 years from now when the last should age off. I wonder if I would have any luck having the account removed.  Anyone have some experience with this that they can share?

I have heard of places saying that they will not change their reporting unless there is an error in that reporting.  Here's the technical error in my opinion.  Those loans were sold/transeferred to another lender and are now on my report through that company.  So, these two loans are double reported on my CR as the dates overlap.  

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LadyLeah
Contributor

Re: Is there any hope?

I have the same question. Hopefully someone will answer. 

Starting Score: 529 EQ | 551 TU | 614 EX | 579 TU FAKO as of 1/12/14
Current Score: 621 EQ | ??? TU | 614 EX | 618 TU FAKO as of 6/23/14
Short Term Goal Score: 650 across the board by 12/31/14

Long Term Goal Score: 720+ across the board by 6/30/15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Involver
Valued Contributor

Who is the original servicer on the loan? You can try writing goodwill letters to see if they will remove the lates for you.
Message 3 of 5
Involver
Valued Contributor

I currently am dealing with the same situation, with ACS reporting several 90+ lates in addition to the other TLs after the loans were sold. ACS is notoriously difficult in the GW department but fortunately mine will fall off in May either way.
Message 4 of 5
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

The only thing I could get ACS to do was to remove the "assigned to government" comment, and show the tradelines instead as paid in full with a zero balance.  And that was only after I faxed them documents proving I had completed rehab and that they were assigned to new lenders.  They also updated payment history to show on-time payments (after my lates back in 08) up to January 2014, which they were under no obligation to do.  I'm thinking that will help my FICO scores a little, but not much.  

If the late payments are accurately reported, they won't budge from what I can tell.

Other servicers are more open to it, though.  Good luck!

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.