Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anything I can do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anything I can do?

In 2002 I opened a student loan comprised of a subsidized and unsubsidized portion. It was reported as one account from the US Dept of Education until it went into default and was turned over to collections in 2006. The US Dept of Ed then added 2 more accounts to my reports. Although these were all the same loan, it is reported 3 times on each credit repot and shows delinquent on all of them.

By the time I learned about rehabbing student loans I only owed about $100 total. They told me it wasn't enough money to divide into a 9 month payment plan. I even offered to pay extra just to make the monthly payment high enough, but no go.

These 3 entries on my reports make up 3 of my 4 baddies. Is there anything I can do? The first account is scheduled to remove in 2010 and the other two scheduled to remove in 2012 according to Transunion. Is there ever any luck with the DOE getting lates removed, or might I have any luck getting even one or two of these accounts removed?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there anything I can do?

Anyone? Anything?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.