Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments During Deferment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Payments During Deferment?

Hello,

I was in in-school deferment for a semester last year, while taking classes at a community college. I have two student loans, one from US Department of Education, which is fine, and then also through Rutgers University.  Usually the schools give the lenders something saying I'm in school, since I've taken other classes a couple other times in the past  and the loans were always deferred.  This time, for some reason, Rutgers didn't get it until much later.  So, it's showing two months late payments in October and November, my only baddies on my sl, and I've been in repayment for most of the last six years. In November, I got a letter telling me I'd been granted the deferment because they got something from my school, so it was granted for August-December.  But the late payments are still showing up on all my credit reports even though I have the letter from them telling me I was in deferment at the time.

I tried disputing it, but they told them it was valid.  But, how can I be in deferment and be late at the same time? Is there a way I could challenge this, seeing that, I was in school and they did get the paperwork, and granted it to me?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Late Payments During Deferment?

Have you called Rutgers and made your case?  It may simply be an oversight on their part.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.