Kmk81975

Lates deleted & score drops??

I searched for a similar topic and didn't find one. I have student loans that were consolidated & rehab'd, but they were reporting wrong on my credit reports. Well I got all the lates off on TU & my score dropped 20 points! Nothing else changed, no dates, nothing else deleted, nothing added - about 20 lates were deleted and my score dropped 20 points. Does that make sense? The lates were between 5-6 yrs old, would that make a difference? (They are TrueCredit FAKO scores, does that make a difference?) Thanks!
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Re: Lates deleted & score drops??

I can't definitely answer you about the lates being able to result in a decrease in score, but the FAKO scores are often wrong. I have watched mine go up on truecredit when in fact they dropped a few points when I pulled myFICO and I've seen it go the other way too...my scores go up...and they drop on FAKO. So, I'd take those with a grain of salt.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+