New Visitor
upitt03

Likelihood of Approval on Private Student Loan with Low Scores

In a nutshell, I am a 27-year old independent student with scores of TU595, EQ533, EX561.  I have no CA accounts, but I do have 2 "30-days late" accounts from May 2008.  I am in the process of lowering my credit card account balances, which is the reason for my low scores.  I have about $17k in Stafford loans for my B.A., $45k in Stafford loans for my MBA, and I was recently accepted for a 1-year AA program for this coming fall.  I received my financial aid award for the AA program; however, because my wages were high in 2007, my EFC was about 80% of the tuition.  At this point, I am in NO position to pay the difference between my EFC and my tuition and fees. Also, neither of my parents have scores that would improve my chances of being approved with a co-signor.  With my scores and the lack of a credit-worthy co-signor, what is the likelihood of me being approved for a private student loan?  Many thanks in advance!
Valued Member
talulah

Re: Likelihood of Approval on Private Student Loan with Low Scores

I hate to say, but probably none. can you do some kind of Plus loan? That would work. Otherwise, especially in today's market, you really need at least a 650.
4/28/08-EQ 668
5/2/08- EQ 687 TU 670
6/15- EQ 722!!! TU 687

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+