Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Consolidation Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan Consolidation Help

Guys,

I have two federal loans one with Sallie Mae and the other with Direct Loans (US Govt).

Wanted some advise if I should consolidate my loan with Sallie Mae or the Direct Loans.

Are there any pros or cons by consolidating loans?

Kindly advise

Thanks

Darwyn

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
hodap2001
Established Member

Re: Loan Consolidation Help

You only want to consolidate your loans, if you know for a fact you are fully completed with your educational programs and no other student loans will be taken out. You can only consolidate once and that is through William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan.

Message 2 of 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Loan Consolidation Help

@hodap2001 wrote:

You only want to consolidate your loans, if you know for a fact you are fully completed with your educational programs and no other student loans will be taken out. You can only consolidate once and that is through William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan.

IME this is not true. Consolidating loans is an option that really needs to be thought out. Interest rates change, the possibility of having the school loans satisfied earlier because of the employment you are in is no longer an option. Just have to make a decision which makes you happy and are comfortable with.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.