cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loans are listed twice on Credit Report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loans are listed twice on Credit Report?

Hi,

Hubby and I are in process of buying home and I have 2 big sets of student loans (several from undergrad and then several from grad). I wonder if it hurts to have them report as so many small loans as opposed to 2 big ones?

Second question: On my CR, my set of undergrad loans are listed twice. Once they are listed by IDAPP with 0 balances, but negative, red flags on myFICO report... cuz they have lates connected to them.  But, they were picked up by a new lender, so that lender has them listed with the current balances, in good standing.  The way my report reads makes it look like I have more accounts than I do and that is bad cuz those other ones are reporting negatively. Can I get those removed since they will still be on there?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loans are listed twice on Credit Report?

Anyone?

Message 2 of 3
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Loans are listed twice on Credit Report?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Hubby and I are in process of buying home and I have 2 big sets of student loans (several from undergrad and then several from grad). I wonder if it hurts to have them report as so many small loans as opposed to 2 big ones?

Second question: On my CR, my set of undergrad loans are listed twice. Once they are listed by IDAPP with 0 balances, but negative, red flags on myFICO report... cuz they have lates connected to them.  But, they were picked up by a new lender, so that lender has them listed with the current balances, in good standing.  The way my report reads makes it look like I have more accounts than I do and that is bad cuz those other ones are reporting negatively. Can I get those removed since they will still be on there?

about your 2nd question:  are the first set of loans reporting as closed accounts?  if so, then i don't think there's anything you can really do about it.  it's not hurting you as long as they are reporting as closed.  it is not making you look like you owe more than you actually do, you know?  Smiley Happy  i have a credit card that reports this way.  the old account is closed but has negatives; the new account (i lost the card) shows nothing but positives.  can't wait for it to fall off my reports!  in 3 years Smiley Sad

i understand why you want to get them off, obviously, but you wouldn't be able to dispute them off just because if they were sold to someone else.  most student loans nowadays are getting sold off all the time.  several of mine have been sold to other lenders as well.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.