Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loans in Rehab Showing New Late Payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loans in Rehab Showing New Late Payments

Good afternoon! I have been in loan rehab since Febuary, and I have been sending my payments in before their due dates and all that. All of my old loans are showing a $0 balance on my credit report, and the US DEPT OF ED has come onto my report for all loans instead, which I expected. I did not expect for then to start off immediately as reporting me 90 days late on payments. This is only being reported to Equifax, and only during the month of March. Is this something I should dispute with Equifax? It's pulling my score about twenty points lower on EQ than on EX and TU, which don't have these reported as freshly late.

Another question I have is this: all the loans with the Dept of Education individually have my monthly rehab payment ($657) as the minimum payment due, but because there are several and each receives a different portion of the payment, they have Actual Amount Paid as something like...$150 or $57, each different for each loan. Is this reduces payment relative to my overall payment detrimental?

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Loans in Rehab Showing New Late Payments

If the March reporting is incorrect, then certainly it is something I would dispute.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.