cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making my 7th rehab payment tomorrow. Can I ask TX Guaranteed to expedite the last two payments?

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Making my 7th rehab payment tomorrow. Can I ask TX Guaranteed to expedite the last two payments?

I've read about a few people who have expedited their last rehab payments. After my payment is made tomorrow (always due the 1st of the month), I'm going to call TX Guaranteed and ask if they can expedite my my last two payments. I have one month before I have to buy a car, so I'm trying to do everything in my power to get my scores up! This would make a dramatic difference to my scores!

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Making my 7th rehab payment tomorrow. Can I ask TX Guaranteed to expedite the last two payments?

I believe they define an on-time payment as paid between 20 days before or 20 days after the due date.  Since the rehab program calls for 9 on-time payments in 10 months I bellieve the earliest you can complete the rehab is 20 days prior to your final payment due date.  Regardless, it's going to take a few months to get the full score effect from the rehab.  I made my last payment on 2/21.  My loan was picked up the first week of March.  Last week I disputed my old SL TLs, and they were deleted (only a 12 pt bump so far).  The new TL still hasn't reported.   Your timeline of next month probably isn't feesable, even if you could make the last two payments today.

Message 2 of 9
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Re: Making my 7th rehab payment tomorrow. Can I ask TX Guaranteed to expedite the last two payments?

Yeah, I figured it would take time to have it all resolved. I'm kicking myself for not starting sooner! I guess I'll have to refi in 6 months. Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I just made my 7th payment. My 8th payment will be June 1st and I'm going to attempt to make my last payment early to try to expedite the process. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I make my last payment around June 11th, if it's due July 1st? Thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 9
SCF
Valued Contributor

You should definitely contact the agency you're doing the rehab with and let them know that you would like to make the final payment as soon as possible.  In order to be "on-time" the payment has to post in a very specific window around the due date.  This request isn't uncommon, and they should be able to help you make a payment as soon as possible without being too early.

Message 5 of 9
txbusted
Contributor

When I went through rehab they would not let me make my payments early. They said that if I made it too early that it would not count as the monthly "on time" payment. So basicly it was just extra to them. Also... after the payments were made it took a few weeks for them to get picked up and sold to another company. I finished my payments in Nov/Dec and my tradelines updated at the end of Dec early Jan. My new company didn't even report until Feb. 

myFICO's : EQ: 643 // TU: 635// EXP:645

WALLET: Victoria Secret $650 | Simply Be $850 | BOA Cash Rewards $300 I Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $4k |Chase Freedom $2.2k l Full Beauty $450 l Woman Within $450 l Wayfair $1.2k l Citi Double Cash $700 l Game Stop $300l Overstock $1K l Lane Bryant $300 l Ulta $750 l Walmart $700 l Target Red $1k
Amazon Chase $1k l Kohls $300
Message 6 of 9
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Monday is my 9th payment! I was told I could make my 9th payment within 20 days of payment date. Let's hope they're picked up right away. I'm excited to see where my scores will go. I know the old lines will stay, but I'll work on goodwill letters if the lates remain. Any advice on on whether Wells Fargo removes negative info? 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have any luck with wells removing ild lates after you finished rehab? I technically have 4 loans im rehabbing set to finish in december, 2 held by DOE and 2 by a collection agency that were originally WF. Im trying to get a mortgage asap but need these cleared up first, and im worried if the old lates before default remain that i wont have much luck. Also, how long did it take for your report to update after finishing rehab?
Message 8 of 9
ah32
Frequent Contributor

The entire lines from TX Guaranteed were removed from my report, but the lates are still reporting for Wells Fargo. It will take a few months for the new loan that was picked up to report on my reports. I'm disappointed Wells Fargo is still there, but I need to send out goodwill letters. They still show they're with the government and I'm having trouble getting those comments removed.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.