Frequent Contributor
shyboy

Max amount for school???

[ Edited ]
hello everyone, i was wonder if there was a max in the amount of loan money from the fed that a first time college student can take out.

Message Edited by shyboy on 06-22-2008 09:10 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Moderator Emeritus
WhirledPeasPlease

Re: Max amount for school???

There is..  but  I don't remember what it is.  I DO remember that I managed to reach it, tho.  LOL

If you go on either the school's website or the fed's website you should be able to find the max amt based on school status.

(I topped out with undergrad funding while working on my MS, while not truly admitted to a graduate degree program -- just licensing only.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Frequent Contributor
LynnInMN

For a freshman it is $5500, $3,500 between subsidized and unsubsidized, plus an additional $2,000 unsubsidized
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Frequent Contributor
shyboy

thank you everyone. This is crazy. It's better then nothing but this is crazy, going to school these days cost alot and thats all they can mange to give. So now the student have to come up with the rest of the cost??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
New Visitor
Winston03

$44,000 for undergrad

They are planning on increasing this amount on 7/1/08

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}