Valued Member
MysticcalFX

More tradelines than allowed?

Hello,

I had currently 4 tradelines on my DOE collections tradelines (all of which are paid) but theres 3 for each individual loan I took out during my education and then 1 big one with the combined amount, Do you think I would have any luck in getting to remove 1 set of these tradelines? Can they chargeoff to themselves to generate this debt? I didn't owe them double what I paid.

Community Leader<br> Established Contributor</br>
Community Leader
Established Contributor
SCF

Re: More tradelines than allowed?

What does each tradeline show for closed dates and balances?  If the original lines are at $0 and closed, then the other line with the combined balances could be a collection account, or a consolidation, and that would be accurate reporting.  In any case, once you consolidate or the loans go into collections, the old tradelines should show a $0 balance and be marked closed/transferred.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+