cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Reporting from Student Loans - BAD CREDIT....PLZ READ

tag

Multiple Reporting from Student Loans - BAD CREDIT....PLZ READ

Hello,

I have a serious problem...I have several student loans in collections and one defaulted. The defaulted loan has been sent to a lawyers office.  As probably with everyone, I am a former college student and because of some life issues/changes, I was not able to pay them once I finished school.  I had a time of severe unemployment and definately couldn't pay.  Now at the age of 28, I have a stable job and want to start fresh with life and rebuilding my credit.  I have been fortunate to get a job with the federal government but was declined my interim security clearance because of the defaulted loans.  I spoke with my investigator and explained my situation and advised her that I will start repaying soon.  Hopefully this would help me to secure my job...if I get the final denial...I am out of a job again...same situation (unemployed and can't pay bills).  It's so hard right now. 

My question, how can I get the negative remarks off my credit because it is seriously hurting me in every way.  I have heard about the rehabilitation program and will research more tonight but I would like more insight on this from the forum.  I really don't owe a lot of student loans >$30K (not bad for over 7 years of school) but if I pay, can I see a change in my credit score?  I want to purchase a home in about 2 years...would that be possible?  Or is that going to hurt me for another 7 years?  I am so confused...please help.  Thanks for reading. 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Reporting from Student Loans - BAD CREDIT....PLZ READ

You need to contact DOE and/or your SL providers ASAP-

Get the loans into repayment- 

The REHAB takes 9 on time payments - They will then update the pay status to ok/current and remove the CA's.

I would consider consolidating AFTER you finish rehab-

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.