Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Student Loans

tag
elm84
Contributor

Multiple Student Loans

I am trying to help my boyfriend with his credit we pulled his TU and he has a bunch of SL. I am trying to figure them out.. He went to college in 2009 , left school in fall 2010 not sure if just left or finished.  He enrolled and is presently a student since Spring 13. We got all his old loans out of default and into deferred. (I believe). This is what he has on his report.

Direct Loan SVC / Date Opened 8/09 / Date Closed 12/10 / 0 Balance / Has one late  60 days in 9/10

US Department of Ed/ Opened 2/09 /  Closed 04/2012  / Balance 0/ Has 1 90 day and then from 8/11 - 3/12 it is showing 120 late
 *Comments - Claim Filed with Goverment*

US Depart of Ed Opened 8/2009 / Deferred / It says PDE  (I am not sure why this is showing in his adverse accounts except maybe lates has a couple 120 lates.

do student loans gw for late removals with 0 balance?

Gardening what I got til Holiday Season 2014
Hoping for a couple 1k+ cards one day
Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Scores | Starting 09/2013 ~ 574 | Current ~ 600 | Goal ~ 720 |
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Multiple Student Loans

Did you consolidate his loans to remove the default status?  That's kind of what this looks like.

I would go check the National Student Loan Data System (nslds.ed.gov) - that will give a complete listing of his federal student loans including their current status and who holds them.  It may be easier to read and more complete than his credit reports, so it's a great place to start sorting things out and make a plan.

Message 2 of 3
elm84
Contributor

Re: Multiple Student Loans

Thank you.. I didn't do anything at that point i just told him to call them and see if he could get them put in deferred so he could go back to school as you can't get financial aid with defaulted SL.

Gardening what I got til Holiday Season 2014
Hoping for a couple 1k+ cards one day
Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Scores | Starting 09/2013 ~ 574 | Current ~ 600 | Goal ~ 720 |
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.