Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Student Loan - After Rehab with Sallie Mae

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Student Loan - After Rehab with Sallie Mae

I searched for something similar to this before I started rehab and couldn't find it, so I thought I'd post it for anyone else looking for it in the future.

My Story:

Sallie Mae loans, defaulted in 2007. Went through various collections agencies, finally ended up at OSI (a division of NCO) last year. USA Funds was the Guarantor.

Got a letter saying they were going to take my tax refund if I didn't set up payments, so I called.

Called around August 1st of last year. They said if I made a payment then they could credit it to July, thus starting my rehab a month early.

Payed August 1st (credited for July), and then the last day of the month.

When my 9th payment became due, they called me a month early, saying if I paid on the 10th of March they could credit it early and end the rehab.

My loans were picked back up by Sallie Mae on March 28th. So some 8 short months later the rehab was done. Default was removed by EX today. EQ it was already gone for some reason. TU still hasn't updated.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.