Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVIENT SCREWED MY FICO SCORE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAVIENT SCREWED MY FICO SCORE

@Anonymous wrote:

Guess what?  Navient sent me a letter back saying that ACS should have been reporting my payments.  Their letter arrived this past Monday.  I was going to send a rebuttal but before I did I checked my FICO score and it was raised 51 points because someone else in Navient decided I was correct and they FINALLY reported all of my payments to the Big Three and I had my reputation restored.  I am thinking about tripling my payments to Navient so I can get them out of my life asap but I will be eating only one meal a day.  It will be worth it as I need to shed a few pounds.

Why not consolidate them elsewhere?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My student loan was already consolidated when Sallie Mae ran the show.  It is the ONLY debt I have.  My car is paid off and I am sitting on ZERO balances with 4 credit cards which I only use for emergencies and if it is the only way to pay online as not every merchant accepts PayPal.  I usually shop and pay for items with my ATM card which keeps me out of credit card hell.  I watch every penny, keep receipts and have an Excell spreadsheet of all the money I spend daily.  My friends may call me cheap but I call myself smart.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! This happened to me as well back in 2014. Except that the loans were already consolidated and one late payment is showing as multiple lates. Anyone know how to deal with this? Or do you just suffer the impact until they all fall off your reports?

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would use the CFPB.  Navient will screw you around by waiting until the last possible day to reply and they will request the maximum extension of 60 days after that.  From there they will again take the maximum amount of time to reply.  The good part is, if these are federal loans, the CFPB will be able to lean on them to follow the law.  Pretty sure, but you'll have to research where it's written, that they are required to report all payments of federal loans regularly.  

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.