Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NELNET Student Loans Contact?

tag
Spursfan
New Contributor

NELNET Student Loans Contact?

So I am trying to get a mortgage loan and all three credit reports have my scores hovering just over 700. It has taken me about 2 years to clean most of my reports up. I am trying to get the best rate possible. The only negative items that remain are my student loans when they went into default back in 2006. I jumped on board the typical rehab program for 9 months and the acounts currently show in good standing for the past 3+ years. the only thing that remains is the negative 90+ days late from the original lender. It so happens to be Nelnet And I have sent about 20+ Goodwill letters to no avail. I was wondering if someone could message me or give me some contact info to someone over at Nelnet that would be willing to help me out, it's frustrating but I can't give up just yet, I am so close to having a completely clean report. Any help would sincerely be appreciated.......

09/04/08 Transunion 617 Equifax 577 Experian 585 09/23/08 Transunion 610 Equifax 617 Experian ?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
hodap2001
Established Member

Re: NELNET Student Loans Contact?

If you are having problems with Nelnet, contact their customer service line and request to speak to their Student Advocate Unit - they're an impartial entity of Nelnet that will fight for student rights if the student has a valid claim. Again, they are impartial, like an Ombudsemen - Many Student Loan servicers have these Advocate Units but under different names.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NELNET Student Loans Contact?

Just call the nelnet number from their website. Nelnet are a bunch of morons i'm dealing with the same issue with 120+lates and i was never late, and i have a valid claim and proof and still they wont remove my lates , when in fact they made a mistake on my report back in 2008.My next step is to get my lawyer involved this week and will take them to court. Good luck 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.