cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient Account numbers on credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient Account numbers on credit report?

So I'm applying for a mortgage and they said they're having trouble matching up the account number I gave them (which is the same for all the loans) and the ones on my credit report. I got a copy of the credit report they're using and the account numbers start off right but then have extra digits after them. I can't find these extra digits anywhere on the Navient site on any of my loan information so I have no clue what they are or what they signify. 

The loans can be matched up by the starting balance but I don't know if that'll be good enough for the mortgage company since they're being so particular about this. Does anyone know what these extra numbers mean or how to address this with them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navient Account numbers on credit report?

I've noticed that the account numbers that Navient provides to each of the 3 CRA's are different. If you go to the Customer Support section of the Navient website, you can print account summary documents for your mortgage lender, and you can have a loan verification letter produced and mailed as well. These should be sufficient to verify the loans.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already given them the account summary documents but since the account numbers don't match they want more information. The credit report company (Credco) said all three credit agencies reported the same account numbers so they must be coming from Navient but Navient swears they have no clue what the extra numbers are, even after talking to 3 different people. Navient said they could supply a letter stating what my estimated payment for each loan is but that still doesn't help because it doesn't include the additional numbers from the credit report. 

I honestly have no clue what to do at this point. My boyfriend's report has the exact same problem so I would assume anyone who has loans with Navient would have these additional numbers after their account number. I don't understand how the lender isn't able to handle this when they're  probably seeing it all the time...

Message 3 of 4
SCF
Valued Contributor

Are these numbers related to the group numbers on the loan?  I don't have multiple groups with Navient, but I do with Nelnet, and they assign each loan a group code that is different from the account number.

At this point, I would just give everything you have to your mortgage lender and ask them for a next step.  You might also want to print out your information from the National Student Loan Data System, that should show them that the information you have from Navient represents all of your federal loans.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.