cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient/Sallie Mae GW Denied - What Next?

tag
c32knight
New Contributor

Navient/Sallie Mae GW Denied - What Next?

Well I attempted my first GW letter to Navient about a week ago. I had late payments for 4 conesecutive months in 2012 on my student loans. They just called today to say after researching my account, there is nothing she could do and that it was illegal for them to actually delete the late payments. I just politely said thank you for trying and ended the call. That GW was sent to the navient advocate department. What would be the appropriate next steps to try and get these off my credit report? Should I just keep sending a letter per week until someone says yes?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navient/Sallie Mae GW Denied - What Next?

Just keep sending emails, and letters. The worst they can say is NO. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep trying.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look up Navient Email addresses. I just flooded all the emails I found on google. I got a call today, and they're going to work with me to get a 90 day deleted. Talked to the guy who called me for 20 minutes. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@c32knight wrote:

Well I attempted my first GW letter to Navient about a week ago. I had late payments for 4 conesecutive months in 2012 on my student loans. They just called today to say after researching my account, there is nothing she could do and that it was illegal for them to actually delete the late payments. I just politely said thank you for trying and ended the call. That GW was sent to the navient advocate department. What would be the appropriate next steps to try and get these off my credit report? Should I just keep sending a letter per week until someone says yes?

Do you have a legitimate reason why you were not able to make the payments?

Message 5 of 6
c32knight
New Contributor

Underemployment, then job loss. During the time i was making as many payments as I could but the payments were too high. I just emailed a few email addresses I found from googling today. Got a call from the advocate dept who stated she went through my file and there is nothing they can do. They will not change anything except if there is an actual servicing error on their part. She was able to see how often I logged in and that I was paying 50-75% of the payments but there was nothing she could do

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.