Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient not reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient not reporting

My student loan is with Navient, they haven't reported since January 2015. I called them to find out why they haven't reported since it states right on their site that they report every month. They wanted me to send "proof" that they aren't reporting so I printed out all 3 credit reports and faxed over the part with their info on it. I got an email that stated it was received last month. They still have not reported. Is there anything else I can do??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Navient not reporting

Not really - you can, and should, continue to follow up with them.  Ultimately, if they aren't reporting, there's something they need to fix.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they finally responded to me, I had sent them a copy of my credit report (Just the Navient part). They sent me an email stating a letter was sent to all 3 CRAs and that it should show up in a few days. On the letter it says in bold letters "Account previously in dispute - investigation completed, reported by data furnisher" Then underneath it says This narrative will be reflected on your credit report for each open loan included in your dispute. This will be included with our next update to the credit reporting agencies.

What the heck?! I didn't dispute anything. All I did was ask for them to report since they haven't since Jan. Now I'm going to have dispute comments isn't that bad?

Message 3 of 5

Bumping this one to the top.  I had the *exact* same issue with Navient.  They failed to report my Federal loans for all of 2015.  They're now paid off and I wanted it to reflect the payments and balance on the 3 CRAs.  I sent Navient a letter requesting the updates and got back the same response of "Account previously in dispute – investigation completed, reported by data furnisher."   

Any issues with this line on the report?  Navient offers in the letter to have the narrative removed from the CRAs but I'm concerend if I ask for that they'll remove all the reporting for this loan group.   

EDIT:  I found a bit more of a definition on this page. It's still not clear searching whether having the narrative impacts anything or not yet.  

Account previously in dispute—investigation completed, reported by data furnisher (to be used for FCRA or FCBA disputes).

Definition: Reported when the investigation of a dispute by the data furnisher was completed.

Source: https://secure.goldpointsystems.com/gpsdocs/loans/CreditReporting/index.html?compliancecode_crs.htm

Message 4 of 5
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Could just be an excuse they need to use to give to the CRA to have them update it. I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if it is reported as positive.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.