Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient "Charge-off", "closed", been paying collection agency

tag
on
Established Member

Navient "Charge-off", "closed", been paying collection agency

I had a Navient student loan from 2007 get charged-off to a debt collector in 2011. I've been making payments to the debt collected since 2012. Navient had been radio silent on my account, but then recently I've been getting alerts that late payments have been posting. Here is a screenshot from CreditKarma. The payments I make to the debt collector do seem to be hitting Navient's online system, and I receive a 1099-C each year with adjustments as well.

Does everything look right from this screenshot? Is there anything I can do? Realistically, I can make the monthly payments to Navient in the amount that they are asking, but I do not have the "overdue" amount available.  Or do I just continue to pay the debt collector until this is paid off.

Can't post images, so here is a link to the image:

https://image.ibb.co/eaX9Qk/nav_equi_tu.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navient "Charge-off", "closed", been paying collection agency

Wow I am in a similar situation and my morgage councilor advised that I right my congressman about this because they shouldn't be reporting as a specific day of being late when the account is charged off. Also my Navient loan debt grows monthly even tho its charged off and I am paying monthly through a third party

Message 2 of 4
on
Established Member

Congressman? That sounds like it won't get much done very quickly. Any idea why he recommended that?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just paid off 2 of my loans. They were taken off my credit however the rest still report late ever month smh
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.