cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient removed all my private loan late payments!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient removed all my private loan late payments!

Just got notice that Navient removed all late payments from my private loans! My payment history on ALL of my credit accounts is now 100% on time! Score boost of 17 points! What I did was just dispute the late payments with each credit bureau! I'm back to good credit again!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Re: Navient removed all my private loan late payments!

Please explain how and where you disputed. My TU and EQ are tanking because of late payments through Navient Smiley Sad Thanks and gratz!

5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. I actually went a little crazy and disputed thru TransUnion, equifax and experian. I ordered my credit reports and then disputed directly with the bureas for each loan! Off they came just like that!! To be fair I have paid the loans on time for at least the past 18 months, that may have helped in my case but I'm not 100% sure. Good luck!
Message 3 of 13
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Like just use Credit Karma and dispute them?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed my first one with credit karma just to test and it was removed. Credit karma only let's you dispute one account at a time . Navient takes about 2 weeks of the 30 days to remove the late payments. Since I have so many navient accounts to speed things up I disputed directly with all the credit bureas and again they were removed a little less than two weeks after dispute. But this way they all came off at the same time instead of waiting for one at a time with credit karma.
Message 5 of 13
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

I am trying to pay off a private loan before I get to my deferred loans. 2k left gahhh, soon as I pay my federal loans for 6 months I'll do this. Thanks Creditdharma!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. Just do it before you pay off the private loan cause it was harder to get them off the loans that were 100%paid then the loans that were still being repayed for some reason. Not sure why, I assume they are handled in a different division.
Message 7 of 13
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Hey Creditdharma, congrats on your recent sucess getting the lates removed. Did Navient remove the lates fairly easy because they where private loans instead of the goverment backed loans? Reason Im asking is because I currently have 2 seperate  goverment backed loans with them and first disputed with the credit bureaus which only updated them, then I disputed directly with an advocate at Navient and they won't remove them either Smiley Sad

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes private mine are private loans! My federal loans removed late payments as soon as I became current with them. But I was never , you know, really late with those.
Message 9 of 13
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes private mine are private loans! My federal loans removed late payments as soon as I became current with them. But I was never , you know, really late with those.

Thanks Creditdharma for getting back with me. I am know seeing that Navient treats the two loans differently. 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.