Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Regular Contributor

Navient removed all my private loan late payments!

Just got notice that Navient removed all late payments from my private loans! My payment history on ALL of my credit accounts is now 100% on time! Score boost of 17 points! What I did was just dispute the late payments with each credit bureau! I'm back to good credit again!
Contributor

Re: Navient removed all my private loan late payments!

Please explain how and where you disputed. My TU and EQ are tanking because of late payments through Navient Smiley Sad Thanks and gratz!

5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem. I actually went a little crazy and disputed thru TransUnion, equifax and experian. I ordered my credit reports and then disputed directly with the bureas for each loan! Off they came just like that!! To be fair I have paid the loans on time for at least the past 18 months, that may have helped in my case but I'm not 100% sure. Good luck!
Contributor

Like just use Credit Karma and dispute them?

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

I disputed my first one with credit karma just to test and it was removed. Credit karma only let's you dispute one account at a time . Navient takes about 2 weeks of the 30 days to remove the late payments. Since I have so many navient accounts to speed things up I disputed directly with all the credit bureas and again they were removed a little less than two weeks after dispute. But this way they all came off at the same time instead of waiting for one at a time with credit karma.
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to pay off a private loan before I get to my deferred loans. 2k left gahhh, soon as I pay my federal loans for 6 months I'll do this. Thanks Creditdharma!

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem. Just do it before you pay off the private loan cause it was harder to get them off the loans that were 100%paid then the loans that were still being repayed for some reason. Not sure why, I assume they are handled in a different division.
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey Creditdharma, congrats on your recent sucess getting the lates removed. Did Navient remove the lates fairly easy because they where private loans instead of the goverment backed loans? Reason Im asking is because I currently have 2 seperate  goverment backed loans with them and first disputed with the credit bureaus which only updated them, then I disputed directly with an advocate at Navient and they won't remove them either Smiley Sad

FICO8 Scores:// 10/18/2017 TU:// 737 EQ:// 738 EX:// 764
Inquires TU:// 10 EQ:// 11 EX:// 15
Total Utilization:// 4%
Total Revolving CL:// $371,700k
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes private mine are private loans! My federal loans removed late payments as soon as I became current with them. But I was never , you know, really late with those.
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Creditdharma wrote:
Yes private mine are private loans! My federal loans removed late payments as soon as I became current with them. But I was never , you know, really late with those.

Thanks Creditdharma for getting back with me. I am know seeing that Navient treats the two loans differently. 

FICO8 Scores:// 10/18/2017 TU:// 737 EQ:// 738 EX:// 764
Inquires TU:// 10 EQ:// 11 EX:// 15
Total Utilization:// 4%
Total Revolving CL:// $371,700k

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.