Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient reporting zero balance on EQ!!!

tag
mssher
New Contributor

Navient reporting zero balance on EQ!!!

Hello, I just check my 3-bureau reports on Credit Check Total, and for some reason Equifax just report my Navient student loan with a zero balance (should be 50,000).  Both TU and EX are still reporting the balance.  I wonder if Navient is going to stop reporting to EQ and maybe that is why they have zero-ed out the account??? Anyone else notice this???

USAA AmEx 17,000 | USAA Visa 14,500 | BOA Visa 10,000 | BOA World MC 10,000 | Fifth Third 9,000 | Discover IT 13,500 | Barclay Apple Rewards 6,440 | AMEX BCE 6,000 | Citi DC 6,3000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig 5,000 | PenFed Visa Sig 5,000 | Alliant Visa 5,000 | Citi Sears 5,000 | State Farm Visa Sig 5,000 | CapOne QS 5,250 | Firestone 2,200 | Kohls 2,000 |
FICO 8: EX 782 - EQ 794 - TU 796 *** Goal: Decrease Number of Cards to 12 + store cards ***
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navient reporting zero balance on EQ!!!

Mine has actually done the same on EQ but remains on TU and EX.  I also realized that they had not reported any payments since January on any of my reports. 

@mssher wrote:

Hello, I just check my 3-bureau reports on Credit Check Total, and for some reason Equifax just report my Navient student loan with a zero balance (should be 50,000).  Both TU and EX are still reporting the balance.  I wonder if Navient is going to stop reporting to EQ and maybe that is why they have zero-ed out the account??? Anyone else notice this???

Message 2 of 10
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine has actually done the same on EQ but remains on TU and EX.  I also realized that they had not reported any payments since January on any of my reports. 

@mssher wrote:

Same exact story with me rising up. I wonder what that's about???

Personal:

Business:

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my loans just switched over from ACS to Navient.  When I checked my EQ report, the old tradeline had been deleted completely, and nothing new has shown up.  I really hope that Navient will start reporting the account on EQ soon, as it has on EX and TU.  I hate to lose all that history and a good tradeline on EQ!

Message 4 of 10
Girac
Regular Contributor

Same with me, I suspect this will be corrected shortly.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same exact story with me rising up. I wonder what that's about???

I noticed mine hadn't reported since Jan 2015 either so I called. The response I got was a joke, they wanted me to send proof that they didn't report, with a request for them to report. But if I missed a payment I bet it would be on my report tomorrow Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my EQ and EX are up to date.  TU is lagging behind a month or two or not even being reported on a few of my loans.  

I only like Navient's web feature that allows you to allocate your payment to multiple loans.  Everything else is lacking.

Message 7 of 10
SCF
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well my EQ and EX are up to date.  TU is lagging behind a month or two or not even being reported on a few of my loans.  

I only like Navient's web feature that allows you to allocate your payment to multiple loans.  Everything else is lacking.

FWIW, TU seems to be laggy in general.  I've seen quite a few reports throughout these forums over the years of TU lagging behind on reporting for all kinds of lenders.  Not really sure what their deal is, you'd think they'd have the same money to spend on computers, but maybe they don't feed their hamsters enough.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SCF wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FWIW, TU seems to be laggy in general.  I've seen quite a few reports throughout these forums over the years of TU lagging behind on reporting for all kinds of lenders.  Not really sure what their deal is, you'd think they'd have the same money to spend on computers, but maybe they don't feed their hamsters enough.

Haha.  Yeah, I've started to notice TU's "trend."  My personal ranking of the bureaus is EX > EQ > TU.  Probably just poor management.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine hasn't reported on all 3 :-(
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.