Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient....

Do I have any chance at all to get rid of a 90 day late payment ? Due to a Brain injury, I don't handle my finances. I know it's no excuse, but if I was able to handle them, this would haven't had happened. As soon as I was alerted via my credit monitoring, I told the person that handles my bills. Besides this late payment, I have had good payment history. I took a 30 point hit due to this, and it is bothering me so bad.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navient....

i posted on Navient's facebook page. I was then put in contact with a Navient Advocate.  She's calling me tomorrow.  Today there was nothing about the late payments, where as yesterday it showed that there were late payments. Now it says -0 Late payments.  Maybe this is a good sign?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  Maybe it was a glitch?

It sounds like your worries are based on just the credit monitoring notification - not the Navient account itself.  If that's the case... Then I would ask whomever is handling your finances to log into the Navient account to double check if there were any late payments noted on there, first.  He/she should be able to see the details of each loan you have (not sure how many you have?  I have six...).  

If it's not there, then no worries.  If it is, then I think it'd be easier to talk to the Navient rep with the info you've gathered.  I hope this made sense?  For the first step at least.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Navient Advocate called me today, and she is looking into things.  It's weird , the last payment from January 2015, doesn't even show on my Bank statements, yet it shows the payment went through on Navients website.  The person handling my bills, tells me that they swear they made a payment in March. Still late, but it wouldn't be 90 days, so I would be fine with that.  The advocate said she is going to check the phone recordings, because they do record calls.  It's just weird, if the payment went through, it would be on my bank statements, like I said January 2015 wasn't on there, but it showed on Navients site.  Is it possible something could have happened? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.