Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice Just got 1099C for disability discharged loans UPDATE 4/25/2016

tag
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Re: Need advice. Just got 1099C for disability discharged loans

Got there yesterday after my dentist appointment around 12:30. Full lobby and a line of people out the door. Mayhem was afoot lol. People bitching when they heard they may not be seen by 4:30 lol. Someone came out and spoke to people individually. Had to explain what I was doing there again. She finally let me get to the desk to drop it off and stamp my copy received. Had to explain again to the guy at the counter but at least I was out in and out in 45 minutes. She made it seem like I didn't need to bother submitting it because I hadn't received a letter from the IRS about the 1099C. After my experience with the IRS, I wasn't taking that chance lol.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 11 of 12
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Re: Need advice. Just got 1099C for disability discharged loans

Just wanted to update this. Two weeks ago I received a letter from the IRS. "We are in receipt of your documents of February 29, 2016 blah blah blah. You should get a response within 45 days blah blah blah". Today I received: "Your Form 982 has been received and attached to your 2015 Tax Return. No further action regarding this matter is needed".

Thank you. Thank you very much - in my best Elvis impersonation lol....

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.