Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help removing old defaulted loans after rehabilitation

tag
degs138
Established Contributor

Re: Need help removing old defaulted loans after rehabilitation

herrera,

The amount of increase you get is dependent on your person credit file.  If you have a thin file or several other credit problems you will not see as big an increase.  I saw a huge increase because rehabing my student loans removed the only baddies on my credit report.  The loans were also 10+ years old.  So by fixing my student loans I restored my payment history to 100% and removed all negitave remarks on my account.  When the loans begin reporting on my credit again as paying as agreed it will increase my AAoA.  I hope to see another 20-30 point bump.

You really have to look at all of your accounts and not focus just on the student loans.  If you have other late payments or collection accounts working to get those removed will boost your score.  I went from having 3 defulted loans to a 100% clean credit report.  There will be a huge score jump for you if you have a similar file.

Hope that helps.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one account that is in collections showing as paid with $0 owed.
Message 12 of 19
degs138
Established Contributor

Find out how the original creditor is and who the collection agency was.  Send out good will letters to both asking to have the account removed.  You may have some luck.  If the accound says paid and it has a $0 balance it will affect your score.  How old it is and how much the original amount was as well as any remarks can be factors.  If you're able to good will it off your report you should see an increase.  Is it a credit card? retail accound? Loan? phone company?

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uverse was $600 with a company called ACNI
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My student loan rehabilitation with ConServe ended 12-29-2015 and I am still waiting to have my loans picked up by a new servicer... Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you called? I was rehabilitating thru myeddebt.com. I called them once a week. They gave me the info today on my new servicer.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

so my student loans were picked up by Navient. they are reporting with EX but are not showing up with EQ or TU. is there anyway for me to have them showing?

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine just got picked up by Navient as well. Have not seen any new reporting updates to any of the credit agencies yet

Message 18 of 19
degs138
Established Contributor

Update:  My loans just started reporting to EQ.  I got a bump from 1.4 years AAOA to 4.6 years and a 21 point bump in my score.  Still waiting on TU and EX

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.