Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help resolving student loan lates with GW

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Need help resolving student loan lates with GW

I've got some serious derogs that are holding me back on my credit report.  Yes, they are legit, because I didn't understand forebearance and all that.  I've been current on all loans for the last 12 months and would like to hear other suggestions for getting the lates removed. Yes, I've tried GW letters since the beginning of the year to no avail. I usually sent 2-3 a month, but I'm getting no feedback.  Please help as I know some of you have had success with Sallie Mae, Nelnet and ACS.

Here's what it looks like on my reports:

Sallie Mae (2011) - May (90), June (120), July (150)

Sallie Mae (2010) - May (90), September (90), October (120), November (150)

Nelnet x 2 (2011) - May  (90), June  (90), August  (90)

ACS Education x 2  (2011) - August (60)

Thanks in advance.  This is my last hurdle in effort to get cleaner reports.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Need help resolving student loan lates with GW

Good luck. I have had no success with any GW to Nelnet. I had a clean history for 12 years then they denied forbearance and demanded payment so I would avoid default. I am now beginning to realize that they were just being dishonest. I accrued one and a half years consecutive late remarks most of which while I was making payments to avoid default. I've begun to think that I should have just defaulted.

I should start entertaining job offers outside the US. I use to be proud to meet my obligations. Now I just want to move away.

Message 2 of 4
algorithmslave
New Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

I've got some serious derogs that are holding me back on my credit report.  Yes, they are legit, because I didn't understand forebearance and all that.  I've been current on all loans for the last 12 months and would like to hear other suggestions for getting the lates removed. Yes, I've tried GW letters since the beginning of the year to no avail. I usually sent 2-3 a month, but I'm getting no feedback.  Please help as I know some of you have had success with Sallie Mae, Nelnet and ACS.

Here's what it looks like on my reports:

Sallie Mae (2011) - May (90), June (120), July (150)

Sallie Mae (2010) - May (90), September (90), October (120), November (150)

Nelnet x 2 (2011) - May  (90), June  (90), August  (90)

ACS Education x 2  (2011) - August (60)

Thanks in advance.  This is my last hurdle in effort to get cleaner reports.

I have often wondered if one offers a trade for a month of forbearance for each month late would work? Do you have forbearance left? If not I hear everytime one reconsolidates they obtain their 3 years of forberances back.......something to look into........

You can wrap me in your flag, make me say a praise to your creator and make me spend your currency, but remember this, I am a loyal servant to Justice and a Patriot to none. I am free...
Message 3 of 4
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Nelnet has never traded anything. They will backdate forebearance but they will not remove, exchange or take off any of those late payments that you incurred. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.