Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nelnet GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nelnet GW

I have 10 accounts with Nelnet that have been paid since 2009, they all have lates on them during the time period I was consolidating.  I sent a GW request to the email on their website and ended up getting the same old 7 years, we were not reporting incorrect info blah blah blah.  Does anyone have any good contact at Nelnet to help me get these removed?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Re: Nelnet GW

I got the same reply, if you find a better contact I'd be interested in their information as well.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your wanting to dispute the negative credit reporting from your student loans with Nelnet you may send a letter to:

Credit Dispute

PO Box 82561

Lincoln, NE 68561

Fax: 402.458.2298

If the negative credit reporting is valid it will remain on the account for up to 7 years.  If you have any questions you may contact Nelnet at 888.486.4722.

Message 3 of 6
irishgirl88

Nelnet is terrible, they will not correct anything unless you are military and were on active duty somewhere. They do not care, unless you can prove something is definitely incorrect they won't change any reporting they've already submitted. If you submit a dispute that you know for a fact is inaccurate and they don't change it, you have a right to sue them as long as you notified the CRA's first of your dispute, then followed up with a letter notifying them fo their inaccurate reporting. Once you notify them after notifying the CRA's and they continue to report it, then it's a violation that gives you the right of action to sue.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally just gave up, I can't argue my point anymore with them.  I'm tired of getting the same old response everytime.  Another user sent me email addresses for all the top exec and I sent emails to them but I'm not optimistic.  I mean really, if some late payments from 2009 a few months prior to all these loans being paid off is going to stop me from getting a mortgage, then I don't need one anyway I guess.  I have surrendered!

Message 5 of 6
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Can you PM me those contacts please?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.