cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nelnet Good will Letter - Denied

tag
nelnet

Re: Nelnet Good will Letter - Denied

Could I please get the email address for Nelnet?

Message 21 of 88
dlee
Established Member

The email address for Nelnet is nelnetcustomersolutions@nelnet.net.

Message 22 of 88
mashdun
Established Member

Can someone send me the Nelnet contacts email contacts and the approach used? I skipped a semester when I had surgery once and forgot to defer the loans. I caught them up before they went into default, but still have 90, 120 and 150 day lates on like 3-4 loans. Thanks!

Starting Score: EX 536 EQ 540 TU 536
Current Score: Aug 2013 EX ? EQ 666 TU 683
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 88
Sock
Valued Member

Lol, "bump."

I need help with Nelnet, too. I would be profoundly grateful if someone could share those contacts with me, too? Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 88
RobFlush
New Visitor

Hi NewbieReed,

I am hoping to send GW letters to Nelnet as well. They hit me with 9 "late payments" in 2009 after I took a semester and the summer off and defferred my payments. I talked to them today and they said they couldn't removed because I defferred the payments after they had already marked them as late. Was your situation similar at all? Would you mind sharing the email contacts you have for GW letters and any advice on how to approach the request?

Thanks!

RobFlush

Message 25 of 88
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@RobFlush wrote:

Hi NewbieReed,

I am hoping to send GW letters to Nelnet as well. They hit me with 9 "late payments" in 2009 after I took a semester and the summer off and deferred my payments. I talked to them today and they said they couldn't removed because I deferred the payments after they had already marked them as late. Was your situation similar at all? Would you mind sharing the email contacts you have for GW letters and any advice on how to approach the request?

Thanks!

RobFlush

If you retroactively deferred payments, then you are SOL.  If you deferred payment before your 6 month grace period was up, and have documentation to support it, then you might have a fighting chance to get Nelnet to remove the lates. Technically, you would have been in deferment and were not late for those months.   

Unfortunately, it sounds like you were late then realized you needed to send in paper work.  Nelnet won't do a thing for you.  

Nelnet is not a good company. You can research how they practiced loan recycling, pushed consolidation w/ new terms on borrowers to the company's benefit, defrauded the US Government, lost lawsuits but were never forced to pay the damages, etc...  These privatized student loan servicing agencies make hand over fist off of borrowers and they did not even loan the money.

They'll say they attempted to contact  you or sent out proper notification when they are required to. So, it is pretty much up to the borrower to keep track of what is happening with their loan accounts each month. If you don't keep current, even if they randomly don't deduct an auto-draft or never respond to your forbearance requests, you are pretty much in the wrong. 

Message 26 of 88
LittleDetox

I am in a simular situation, if anyone has any email contacts please PM me.    Thank you so much for your help Woman Very Happy

Little Detox

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 639
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 88
Haisenberg
Valued Member

Darn, not what I wanted to read considering I have $10K+ in loans with them, and counting...

AMEX PRG - NPSL - Macy's AMEX - $4K - Discover IT - $1K - CapitalOne Classic Platinum - $1K

FICO Scores - EQ 711 / TU 698 / EX 715 | Goal - 750+ | Next Application(s) - BCE (01/14) - Freedom/CSP - (02/14)
Message 28 of 88
jblock87

I would like your contacts please

Message 29 of 88
bluedevil7
Visitor

May I have email contacts for Nelnet GW letter?

Message 30 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.